Drayton Manor Hotel Team Ready for Opening
The senior management team that will run the new 4-star 150-bedroom Drayton Manor Hotel, at Drayton Manor Theme Park, has been appointed and is all set for the opening on Monday 15th August.
The team consists of Martin Wright, General Manager; Michelle Dean, Revenue Manager; Julia Freeman, Sales and Marketing Manager; Toni Higginbottom, Finance Manager; Stephanie Tandy, Human Resources Manager; Alan Bell, Head Chef; and Gerry Ross, Food and Beverage Operations Manager.
The hotel will have 11 Thomas & Friendsâ„˘ themed family rooms, each one featuring Thomas & Friends decor and specially designed Thomas the Tank Engine bunk beds.
Guests will also be able to enjoy the two restaurants, Parklands Restaurant and Parklands Brassiere, as well as the two bars. Meanwhile, younger guests will love the indoor Thomas & Friends themed playroom.
Martin Wright, said: â€śIâ€™m confident that we have a strong and capable management team, which will provide a first-class service from day one of the hotelâ€™s opening.
â€śThe Drayton Manor Hotel is a major multi-million pound investment for Drayton Manor Theme Park. The management team and I plan to ensure that this investment helps transform the park from a popular day out venue into a family holiday resort.
â€śThe hotel will also be a venue for corporate hospitality events and private functions, which will complement Drayton Manorâ€™s existing facilities.â€ť
Meet The Staff:
- Michelle Dean has worked in the West Midlands hospitality industry for 19 years for the likes of Intercontinental Hotels, Holiday Inn, Park Inn and Radisson.
- Julia Freeman began her hospitality career at the age of 16 working in a country B&B. Since then, sheâ€™s worked for a range of hotels including De Vere, IHG & Corus in various roles, such as conference and banqueting host, events sales manager, wedding co-ordinator and business development manager.
- Toni Higginbottom has worked in finance for large hotels in the Peak District and most recently a new build hotel in Stevenage.
- Stephanie Tandy gained CIPD membership in 1994. She spent the past 15 years working in London for the likes of Thistle Hotels, The Melia Group and the Firoka Group.
- After starting his career as a trainee chef, Alan Bell worked his way up the hospitality ladder to cook for royalty, politicians and celebrities. In the past 25 years, Alan has worked for major hotel chains, including Hilton, Millennium Copthorne and De Vere.
- Despite a degree in English & Education, Gerry Ross chose a career in hospitality, which has seen him operate a range of roles from head chef to restaurant manager.
Anyone wanting further information about hosting an event at Drayton Manor Theme Park should visit www.draytonmanorhotel.co.uk, or contact the events team on email@example.com or call 01827 285551.