Brave The Swarm at Thorpe Park 2013: Backwards
It was announced today via the Official Thorpe Park Facebook page that this year in 2013 riders can experience The Swarm (the UK’s first winged coaster where riders are suspended at the side of the track) backwards! A photograph has been revealed of the trains covered with a giant tarpaulin, however photos of the reversed train are expected to emerge soon. The park also confirmed that a new near miss element has been added for the 2013 season.
Be dragged backwards into a blind 127ft drop before hurtling through the wasted landscape in a series of gut-wrenching near misses, including, new for 2013, the mangled metal of a devastated billboard.
Face the fear head on, or brave it backwardsÂ on the last two rowsâ€¦ do you dare take on THE SWARM?
- Winged seat position â€“Â nothing to hold, nothing to help you.
- TerrifyingÂ 127ft inverted dropÂ hurtles you through a plane wing.
- Extreme near miss experiences +Â NEW near miss for 2013!
- 5 inversions, all properly gut wrenching
- Speeds of up toÂ 92 KPHÂ pulling up toÂ 4.5Gs